Welcome to ACCOINTING.com’s guide to importing and tracking your crypto transactions from Metamask, a step required in order to calculate your Metamask taxes. In this section you will learn how to add your Metamask to ACCOINTING.com via API. We also support CSV imports for all exchanges and wallets via our ACCOINTING.com template.
How to connect Metamask to ACCOINTING.com via API
- First, Open the Metamask Extension in your Browser.
- Then, select the Account you want to import and click “Copy to clipboard” to transfer your wallet address.
- Finally, paste your Metamask wallet address into ACCOINTING.com.
How to track your Metamask Portfolio?
- After importing all your transactions from Metamask, go to your Overview Page where you’ll see a summary of your entire portfolio.
- Analyse your Metamask historical performance by selecting your preferable time-period, as well as getting a look at total profits or losses.
- Click on the different crypto-assets to review your buy and sell dates. You can also select multiple assets at once to compare their performance during the same timeframe.
Overview of Portfolio’s Tokens Allocation
It’s important to understand your Metamask portfolio allocation and spread (Wallets and Exchanges) as well as getting a breakdown of the location of each of your assets per wallet or per exchange. You can go over each of them individually, or select several wallets and exchanges at once.
Need more Intel?
Remember that ACCOINTING.com allows you to generate a file to import and track your Metamask crypto report to different tax platforms depending on your country’s jurisdiction (US: TurboTax, TaxAct and Credit Karma & DE: Smart Steuer). Now you’re all set, if you have any questions regarding your Metamask transactions and classifications, make sure you reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or join our community board.