Welcome to ACCOINTING.com’s guide to importing and tracking your crypto transactions from Ledger, a step required before you can calculate your Ledger taxes. In this section, you will learn how to add your Ledger to ACCOINTING.com via API. Note that we also support CSV imports for all exchanges and wallets.
How to connect Ledger to ACCOINTING.com via API?
- First, log in to your Ledger Live Manager.
- In the portfolio page, scroll down and navigate to Asset Allocation.
- Click on a specific Asset and select an Account.
- To import Bitcoin or Bitcoin related addresses (BTC, BCH, BSV, LTC etc) click on the tool icon in the top right corner.
- To find your unique xPub address, click on advanced logs.
- You’ll now see a string of code: under “xpub”, you’ll find your xPub address.
- Copy the segment of code under ‘xpub’ (excluding quotation marks) and paste it into ACCOINTING.com.
- If you want to import any other addresses go back to the portfolio page, select a specific account and click on ‘Receive.’
- After that, follow the instructions on the screen and your Ledger Device.
- Finally, copy the address into ACCOINTING.com.
How to track your Ledger Portfolio?
- After importing all your transactions from Ledger, go to your Overview Page, so you’ll get a summary of your entire portfolio.
- Analyse your Ledger historical performance by selecting your preferable time-period, as well as getting a look at total profits or losses.
- Click on the different crypto-assets to review your buy and sell dates. You can also select multiple assets at once to compare their performance during the same timeframe.
Overview of Portfolio’s Tokens Allocation
It’s important to understand your XRP portfolio allocation and spread (Wallets and Exchanges) as well as get a breakdown of the location each of your assets per wallet or per exchange. You can go over each of them individually, or select several wallets and exchanges at once.
Need more Intel?
Remember that ACCOINTING.com allows you to generate a file to import and track your Ledger crypto report to different tax platforms depending on your country’s jurisdiction (US: TurboTax, TaxAct and Credit Karma & DE: Smart Steuer). If you have any questions regarding your XRP transactions and classifications, make sure you reach out at email@example.com or join our community board.