While using the desktop version of our site is great, sometimes you need to update your portfolio while on the go. The mobile version of our site just doesn’t cut it, this is where our iOS & Android apps come in. Our mobile apps are designed to be easy to use while also providing a modern interface. They are perfect for people who want to keep up-to-date on their crypto investments while living a busy lifestyle. In this article, i’ll go over how we can import our transactions using these apps and what the limitations are in doing so.
Creating a new wallet
The first thing you’ll need to do to import your transactions is to add a new wallet. In this section i’ll show you how to do this. If you’ve already done that and would like to know how to add transactions to an existing wallet, you can move on to the next section. The following are the steps needed to create a new wallet.
- Press the “add” button from either the “portfolio” page or the “wallets” page.
- Search for or select the wallet or exchange you’d like to add.
- You’ll then need to verify the connection. If you selected an exchange that we don’t yet have an API connection for, then it got added automatically and you can add transactions to it by following the steps in the next section.
- Enter your API Keys or your wallet address and press “Save”.
That is all you have to do add a new wallet. If you want to learn how to manually add transactions to your new wallet or to a different wallet, we’ll go over that now.
Manually adding transactions to an existing wallet
To manually add transactions from our mobile app is fairly easy. The following steps are all it takes to do so.
- Search for and select the wallet you’d like to add transactions to. If the wallet was added as a manual wallet (without an API connection) then you can press “add”, skip the next two steps, proceed to step 4.
- Press “view details”
- Select “Add Transaction”
- Now you’ll need to select the currency we’d like to add.
- To finish adding the transaction, just finish adding the transaction details here and press “save”. You can also press “save & add more” if you have more transactions to add.
As you can see, its fairly simple to add transactions using our mobile device. If you have a lot of them to add, it can be more difficult though. This brings us to the next section where i go over the limitations of using the mobile device to add transactions.
Limitations of using our mobile apps to import your transactions
Even though our mobile apps are super easy to use, they do have some limitations when trying to import your transactions. Some of which are not the fault of the app itself and more about sources outside of our control. There are two main limitations that i need to go over and they are as follows.
- Our mobile apps don’t support uploading CSV files. - The reason here is simple, there is no native filesystem that apps can use to actually handle the uploads. Implementation would require the support of 3rd party cloud-based storage applications, and as such would not be available to everyone.
- Some wallets and exchanges might not support mobile devices, while others might not support the generation of CSV files or API Keys on mobile devices. - While this can be frustrating, this is solely in the hands of the wallet or exchange and not under our control.
If you are having any troubles because of these limitations, we recommend using out browser-based app on a desktop device. This will mitigate both of these issues so you can import your transactions easier.
By now, you should have a good understanding of how to import your transactions from our iOS & Android apps and some of the limitations involved. If you haven’t done so already, try out our the apps by downloading them on either the or the .